Inside: Use this I Like Me I am Kind All About Me Emergent Reader to celebrate all the ways we can be kind and like ourselves for it.
I never put much attention or too much effort on the All About Me Units I almost always started my school year with…it always just felt like something I needed to cover. What color eyes do you have? How tall are you? What is your middle name?
My favorite part was using skin color paint and matching the paint until we had skin color exact handprints hanging on our wall.
But I wish I had dived in further and focused not just on “all about me” but more on “liking myself” and incorporating social emotional learning at the same time.
Because when we can teach our kids how to like themselves for who they are, their confidence will soar, their self esteem will increase and their inner voice will stay positive more often.
When kids know who they are and like themselves, they’ll be more bully proofed and will be more likely to surround themselves with other kids who like them for who they are.
So to help them understand all the different ways to like themselves for being kind, we can use this I Like Me I am Kind All About Me Emergent Reader set.
Other Ways to Celebrate All About Me Topics
We celebrate all the ways we are different with our Rainbow Colors of Me.
We can also make these Pointillism name crafts.
And we read these All About Me books:
And we use read this I Like Me I am Kind Emergent Reader
How to Use the I Like Me I am Kind Emergent Reader
1. Purchase and download the I Like Me Emergent Reader Set.
2. Print out the version you wish to use: color or black and white and cut them apart. I swear by my paper cutter I bought my first year teaching because I can’t cut a straight line.
If you use the black and white version, use these skin color crayons so students can color in the people to match the skin tones of themselves and classmates.
3. Read the book together. You can follow up with partner reading, silent reading, group reading, or reading to a class pet/stuffed animal.
4. Use the Discussion Starters to further the conversation about all the reasons we like ourselves and why it’s important.
5. Connect the reading with writing about kindness and all the ways we like ourselves.
And then celebrate them liking themselves with more All About Me activities and social emotional learning.
Ready to get the I am Like Me I am Kind All About Me Emergent Reader Set?