These Summer activities are a great way to introduce character education and social emotional learning curriculum in a fun and hands-on way. If you use them together, they can be a kindness lesson or can be individual social emotional learning activities.
Students can sort the suns during centers, in a small group, or for individual seat work as a good choice bad choice sort for different behaviors.
They can follow up the hands-on summer activities with a kindness worksheet that comes in color and black and white.
They can also creative write about ways they can be kind or draw a picture showing how they’re going to be kind at school during summer.
This is perfect for Preschool, Kindergarten students, first grade students, 2nd grade students, and 3rd grade students.
Then you can continue the social emotional learning and conversation about kindness throughout fall and add to your social emotional learning activities.
These Summer Activities: Kind or Unkind Sort comes with:
- 24 suns with kindness or unkindness clipart in color
- 24 suns with kindness or unkindness clipart in black and white
- Kind and Unkind sorting sunglasses in color and black and white
- Kindness worksheet to help kids show what they know and determine what is kind and what is not kind in color and black and white
- 2 writing sheets: 1 for early writers/prewriters and 1 for writers.