Inside: Use this Kindness Snowmen Kind or Unkind Sort to help students determine what is kind and what is not during this sel center activity.
When the leaves start to fall, I know what’s coming next: winter. And I get super excited.
I love winter and watching the snowfall so my kids and I can make snowmen and snow angels and make face prints in the snow.
And I absolutely love when I can tie winter activities into kindness activities because then it’s a win-win for everyone.
For February and Valentine’s Day, we use our Valentine Kindness Notes.
And we of course love these Kindness Snowmen Kind or Unkind Sort intentionally teach sel curriculum.
What’s Included in the Kindness Snowmen Kind or Unkind Sort Activity
24 snowmen with kindness or unkindness clipart in color
24 snowmen with kindness or unkindness clipart in black and white
Kind and Unkind sorting winter parks in color and black and white
Kindness worksheet to help kids show what they know and determine what is kind and what is not kind in color and black and white
2 writing sheets: 1 for early writers/prewriters and 1 for writers.
How to Use this Winter-Themed Kind or Unkind Sort
1. Purchase and download the kindness snowman activity.
2. Print the snowmen in color or black and white on cardstock.
3. If you print them in black and white, color the snowmen in.
4. Cut apart the snowmen and laminate them for durability.
5. Go over the pictures on the cards to ensure children understand what the picture depicts. You can use these as discussion starters before or after the activity.
6. The students will sort the cards by kind actions or unkind actions by placing the cards near the correct winter park scene.
They can do this in small groups during centers, independently, or you can do it as a whole group in a pocket chart.
If there are too many cards, you can only give students half the cards at once so they are more successful.
7. To follow up the activity, students can complete the Kind or Unkind worksheet to show their understanding.
Students will cross off or circle the actions on the worksheet. If you use black and white version, students can color in the images that are kind and x off the images that are unkind.
8. To connect this sel curriculum to writing skills, students can draw a picture/write how they will choose to be kind this season. If students are prewriters, they can dictate their answer and draw a picture.
Ready to Use the Kindness Snowmen Kind or Unkind Sort?