Inside: Are your kids constantly asking you how many more days until Christmas? Make this fun Christmas craft so your kids will always know how many days until Santa arrives. This Snowman Countdown Calendar is perfect for little hands to help make.
Mama, how many more days until Christmas?
Um, Halloween was yesterday. I have no clue how many days are left.
But Mama, how many more days until Christmas?
I really don’t know. Please for the love of everything, stop asking.
We clearly needed a quick and easy way to countdown to Christmas without my kids asking me every day.
My family loves all things Christmas. We have this ornament tradition, we have the Kindness Elves visit us, we make Pointillism Christmas trees and we do sibling gift giving which is my absolute favorite Christmas traditions.
And because my kids love to count down to Christmas, we make a Kindness Countdown Calendar every December so our kids do 24 acts of kindness as they countdown to Christmas.
But my kids are always desperate to know how many days were left until Santa would come.
We needed to make this Snowman Calendar Countdown.
And it was a Christmas craft that was fun to do with my kids… and was perfect to make over the long Thanksgiving holiday weekend.
Materials Needed for the Snowman Countdown Craft:
Construction Paper Cut-Outs:
- 2 large black circles,
- 5 smaller black circles,
- 1 carrot nose,
- 1 black top hat
- 3 small circles and green leaf (optional)
sharp pair of scissors
hole puncher and string (optional)
How to Make the Christmas Countdown Calendar:
Precut the construction paper shapes or if your child is older, have them draw them then cut them.
1. Start by having your child glue on the eyes and the mouth into the shape of a smile. (Leave plenty of room for the nose!)
2. Glue on the berries and the leaf to the hat, then glue the hat to the top of the snowman.
3. Write the numbers 1-25 on the outside of the paper circle.
4. With a sharp pair of scissors, poke a very small hole through the paper plate and through the fatter end of the carrot nose (adults only step!)
5. Stick a brad through the carrot and the plate, then fasten in the back by opening both the prongs.
6. If you want, hole punch the top of the paper plate (not the hat), and thread the string through to make a loop so you can hang up your snowman.
How to Use the Christmas Countdown Calendar:
You can start on December 1st at ’25’ and count backward, moving the carrot one number each day so your kids will know how many days are left before Christmas.
You can start December 1st at ‘1’ so they count forwards to see what day of December we’re on.
Either way, you won’t have to answer, “How many more days until Christmas?” anymore.
Now you can just point to the Snowman who tells time.
Want to add kindness to the December countdown?
Need holiday gift ideas for your creative kids?