Inside: Use this I am Kind to Mom Mother’s Day Emergent Reader to celebrate all the ways we can be kind to moms and mother figures.
When I worked as a florist in college, the busiest day wasn’t Valentine’s Day. It was Mother’s Day.
Around the world, people young and old show kindness and love to moms and mother figures on at least one day of the year.
And while we can all agree that moms don’t get nearly enough recognition and relaxation and kindness they deserve, we can do a small something about it…we can teach kids how to show more kindness to moms year round, but especially in May.
To help them understand all the different ways to show love and kindness to Mother’s Day, we can use this I am Kind to My Mom Emergent Reader set.
Other Ways to Celebrate Mother’s Day with Kindness
We love this Mother’s Day Poem we can use as a gift for moms on Mother’s Day or use as a card. It comes with 6 different versions for a mom, mama, mommy, mum, mama, and special person.
Kids can write or copy or dictate their answers to make a sweet keepsake of what kids know and think about their mom.
Moms will also love these gifts for Busy Moms on the Go.
We can also make these Pointillism-inspired gifts for moms.
We can use these May Flower Kind or Unkind Sort Game to play.
We can also make this Friendship Flower for our moms by writing adjectives on each of the petals about her.
And we read these Mother’s Day books:
And we read this I am Kind to My Mom Mother’s Day Emergent Reader.
How to Use the I am Kind to Mom Kindness Emergent Reader
1. Purchase and download the I am Kind to Mom Emergent Reader Set.
2. Print out the version you wish to use: color or black and white and cut them apart. I swear by my paper cutter I bought my first year teaching because I can’t cut a straight line.
If your kiddo has a special person in their life instead of a mom, you can use the write in version so they are included.
If you use the black and white version, use these skin color crayons so students can color in the people.
3. Read the book together. You can follow up with partner reading, silent reading, group reading, or reading to a class pet/stuffed animal.
4. Students can draw on the interactive page.
5. Use the Discussion Starters to further the conversation about Mother’s Day and moms and why it’s important that we know all the different ways to show kindness.
6. Connect the reading with writing about kindness and moms.
And then celebrate Mother’s Day with gusto…get all the candy and the hearts and give the flowers.
Ready to get the I am Kind to My Mom Mother’s Day Emergent Reader Set?