Inside: Help your kids show a little more kindness with these 15 Easter Kindness Activities.
My kids love celebrating Easter. They love the bunny pancakes I make them, dying eggs, and of course the goodies the Easter Bunny leaves for them to find.
So they love counting down to Easter every year.
And instead of just asking Alexa every day how many days are left until the Easter Bunny comes, we’ve created a way to incorporate a countdown to Easter and more kindness activities.
Every day, as we get closer to the holiday, my kids and I do one of these kindness activities.
Related: Sneak in some kindness activities into your Easter Egg Hunt
These Easter kindness activities are perfect for spring and include being kinder to the earth, kinder to neighbors and spreading some Easter cheer.
Why Should We Even Do Kindness Activities?
We are on purpose raising our kids to be kind.
We talk about it all the time with these 60 kindness discussion starters. We have them say this Kindness Promise and these Kindness Affirmations.
And we have made Being Kind one of our two family rules.
We do this Spring Kindness Challenge and this March Volunteer Activity and this April Volunteer Activity.
But we also have to inspire them to act. We have to encourage them to act with kindness. And most kids have no idea where to even start.
So we need to help them show their kindness by giving them ideas on how to be kind more often.
We use Kindness Elves to inspire them to be kind and we use these fun paper chain countdowns around holidays to spread a little extra kindness.
And we play this Easter-themed Kind or Unkind Sort.
Supplies Needed for Easter Kindness Activities:
- 1.5-inch x 10-inch construction paper strips
- stapler and staples
- downloaded the kindness activities (download below)
Related: Do your kids love crafts? They’ll love this Easter craft
How to Make the Paper Chain Countdown:
1. Download and print the 15 Easter Kindness Activities Sheet (download below).
2. Cut the strips apart.
3. Glue the strips onto construction paper strips.
4. Turn the first strip into a loop and staple.
5. Link the next strip through the first loop and staple.
6. Continue until all the links are looped through.
7. Hang the Easter Kindness Paper Chain somewhere you’ll see it.
15 days before Easter, rip off one of the links and do the kindness activity together.
Because Easter changes dates every year, you’ll have to do a little math to figure out when to start this paper chain countdown.
Continue every day until you get to Easter and you will have done 15 Kindness Activities.
Want to keep going with kindness and raise kind kids?
Try our 100 Acts of Kindness Challenge or Kindness Tic Tac Toe.
And join our Raising Kind Kids Facebook Community.
We’d love to have you join our tribe of parents who want to raise kinder kids.
Resources Needed for the Activities:
- To send an Easter Card to a child in the hospital, click here or click here.
- To figure out where to donate filled Easter baskets, search for “donate Easter baskets” and your city name.
- To find your closest Ronald McDonald House, click here.
Click here to download the Easter Kindness Activities Printable:
Leave a Reply