Inside: Encourage and spread some kindness this February with these Kindness Elves Valentine’s Day Activities.
We are always looking for ways to bring more kindness into our family.
Because raising kind kids isn’t a one-time thing.
It takes practice, and consistency, and modeling.
But we’re always on the hunt for new and fun ways to inspire our kids to act with kindness.
So a few months ago we brought the Kindness Elves into our home.
And this February, as we count down to Valentine’s Day, they’re bringing ideas to our family to spread love and kindness to each other and to our community.
What are the Kindness Elves?
The Kindness Elves are little guys that hang out with us year-round and bring suggestions for ways our kids can be kinder and show more kindness.
Related: How to Raise Kids to Be Kinder
And since we’re always on the hunt for fun and simple ways to spread kindness, we love when they bring us a suggestion.
The kindness activities range from simple and no-cost activities like drawing a card for someone or reading a book to a sibling to more complex kindness activities like donate old winter clothes to a clothing drive or take hot cocoa to our crossing guard.
Ready to Invite the Kindness Elves into Your Home? Click here to grab them.
Kindness Elves Ideas for Valentine’s Day:
The Kindness Elves always have great suggestions for spreading kindness. This February, we’re going to:
- Share these kindness notes with siblings
- Read a Valentine’s Day book to a sibling.
Here are our favorites:
- Write a thank you note that includes why they love their teacher.
- Bake heart-shaped cookies for a neighbor.
- Take hot cocoa to our crossing guard or mail carrier or teacher using these disposable to go mugs.
- Make a hand-made valentine for grandma.
- Write (or draw) what they love about their Mama.
- Make Valentine’s Day crafts and drop them off at a local nursing home or retirement home like these Valentine’s Day Sewing Crafts.
- Send ecards and valentines for kids in the hospital.
Want even more Kindness ideas?